No it wasn't an April Fools Joke :)
All good in my household. Well apart from being hit with a revolting virus that had the whole household floored. literally I spent Sunday laying in a daze on various beds/floors around the house in between running to the bathroom to be violently ill. This morning I woke up and it was all over THANK GOODNESS I can't bear to be sick.
So now is the good side of recovery. Getting my energy back up today from the Virus and hopefully by the end of this week I will be out for some longer walks to try to regain some fitness. The operation meant I had to have 6 weeks off from any strenuous exercise. For the first two weeks I couldn't even lift my baby - which drove me crazy. Having to wake hubby or my sister up in the night to bring my baby to me was hilarious. I felt like a queen but in reality it was not fun and I wasn't relaxed at all.
Now I am trying to work out how quickly I will be able to build up to a good 2 hour walk and from there onto a run. At least this time I will be able to run from middle of May - which I am sooooo excited about. I can't explain how it has made me feel to be fit but not able to run. I am already starting to dream about the exhaustion and endorphin rush of doing a long run. Man it has been a long time coming but I am going to thoroughly enjoy all the pain of training and slogging it out in the weeks to come. Not taking a single thing for granted any more :) well not for a week at least!!!!
12 comments:
Great to see you up and about Clairie.
Before long you'll be giving Tesso curry in Pat's 3k time trials :)
"laying in a daze on various beds/floors around the house in between running to the bathroom to be violently ill". Cool Clairie that is exactly how I spent my teenage years ;)
Great to hear your on the mend!
Wonderful to hear you are looking to get back into your training again. Take it easy on that body of yours girl; it's been through alot lately !
xx
great to hear from you and know you are on the road to recovery
Mmmmm curry, yes please!!!
Can't wait to have you back out there with us. Its gonna be like old times ... only they'll be better times :-)
Look forward to reading about it Clairie ;-)
Well about time! I was thinking the worst. Glad it's all behind you, look forward to seeing you running in front of me ...
Cheers,
Bellthorpe
Oh no! Cowbell corner is back. Good to hear you will soon be beating Tesso.
Good to have you back Clairie. I hope Billy didn't catch that bug.
2 hour walk! Whow! that's committment.
Oh, I'm so pleased you're back, Clairie! I've been checking your blog almost daily, waiting for your return!
I can imagine the joy you'll feel when you start that first run. Till then... take care of yourself.
I'm so glad you're on the mend Clairie. It's bloody quiet without you!
And quiet is a very bad thing, by the way :)
Post a Comment