Thursday, July 31, 2008

500km Challenge

In order to give me a focus and some motivation to get out of the house on these cold chilly days I have decided I want to run 500km. Before you all fall out of your chairs with laughter....read on.

I intend to record my running each day/week and will consider me back in training once I tally the runs to be 500km. This will be a way for me to ease back into running but still encouraging myself to get out the door at least every second day.

It should be interesting as I have avoided blogging about any of my boring run-around-the-blocks and then some days I have just stayed in bed because no one but me cares if I don't run...so hopefully my virtual friends out there will pay me out if I appear to be slacking off too much.

*Waves to you all*

6 comments:

Superflake said...

I thought Tesso tapped you on the shoulder and said you must go for a run? Good to have a goal.

Robert Song said...

** Wave back **

I will be watching your progress with interest.

No slacking allowed.

Jen said...

Ask and you shall recieve :-)

Great to have you back (*waves*)

Tesso said...

500kms - great thinking.

Hang on, isn't there a song about that ...

But I would run 500 ks
And I would run 500 more
Just to be the girl who ran 1,000 ks to win at Kurr-a-wa
Na na na, na na na
Na na na, na na na
Lika lika lika lika lika la

Stephen Lacey said...

I care :-(

I'm sure your pace was better than my last couple of "runs" because they were actually walks.

Ganbare Clairie!

Ewen said...

We care if you slack off!

How far today?