For Allan's birthday he wanted to do something to get outside in the fresh air so we ended up doing something he has wanted to do for ages - climb Mt Coolum.
The sign said "Experienced Climbers take 2hrs return trip" we ran to the top in 20mins (that includes where you have to climb on hands and feet so it isn't a fast slope!!!). The kids were keeping up with us and we had a fantastic time at the top looking at the views and discussing life. We had loaded Allan up with a backpack full of yummy food and water so he had to grab a stick out of the bush on the way up to ensure he looked like the bushwalking signs on the way up. (the blue man with a stick and backpack)
He really did - it was hilarious!!
I challenged Matty to a race on the way down but slowed down as soon as he was out of view. He won the race but I was very happy with my run and totally enjoyed the experience.
Next up we hit the beach for two hours. It was now 3pm and the wind was quite strong so I sat on a towel and watched them brave the water. It was soooo cold.
All up it was a good day out - topped off a great morning where we had watched the Australian 1500mx4 relay record being smashed in the morning by the most talented Pete, Mark, Andy and Dave. An exciting race resulting in a further 22 sec off the Australian Record for the U50 age group. I was glad to be there to witness it.
Monday
Only 4km on the treadmill this morning. I could not get in to the carpark so had to be in and out by 7am or my car (in the street) would have been towed. I looked like a manic running from the treadmill to the weights, furiously lifting and then racing upstairs to shower before running out the door.
Totally exhausted now. Can't wait for Pats time trial tomorrow - so I can rest!!!! :)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Allan.
Sounds like you had a whow of a time Clairie. Have a nice rest at Pat's tomorrow.
Yes pass on my best to Allan. The m Mountain has always attracted me to climb it each time we pass it however I have not done it. we have however climbed Mt Warning a few hours and they mean it when they say 6 hours return. It also has some spectatular views.
Really really looking forward to seeing you in Canberra.
Happy Birthday Allan.
See you tomorrow at the TT.
Does that mean you're resting your voice for Pat's?
You should have taken a photo of Allan next to one of those signs! Sounds like a great day. They say Six Foot is a 3-day walk! You should both do it one day :)
Big happy B'day to Allan please.
The run/climb up Mt Coolum sounds like such a hoot. Its great to see that you are enjoying all these efforts lately.
I'm sure they put those signs there so that idiot runners like us try to see how much faster they can do it. Hope you weren't on Candid Camera.
Thanks once again for the encouragement at Pat's, and especially at the TT today. Every time I see you marshalling I go up a gear. We should make a dozen life sized cardboard cutouts of you to bring along to the next TT, I'll break 11 minutes :-)
If you break 11 minutes Tess, I'll buy you a pallet of XXXX!
Post a Comment