Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Out of Action

Well tomorrow Wednesday 2nd April is the big day for my operation.

I know enough from my time in nursing to not be a big sook but perhaps too much to know that things can go wrong.

Tomorrow is my first time under a general and I am literally terrified. I have not been able to accomplish much this week and have been teary and/or manic in an effort to avoid thinking of it.
I know it is just one hour of my life and afterwards I will be well looked after with pain relief and hopefully a quick recovery...but nonetheless the thought of something going wrong and me not being here to see my kids grow up, to hear Glenda do a PB at Canberra or even share that bottle of wine with my best buddy Tesso is just gut wrenching.
I have had to consider where I want to be buried, what my husband should do with the kids, what to do with the money (aka debt) and so many other things. Yeah you could be hit by a bus tomorrow and not have all this planned out but knowing in advance something may need you to have this things detailed makes you think about all these things and prepare for the worst scenario.

Anyhow so this post is simply.....a big thanks to all my running mates out there (I am not sure if anyone still reads this blog or not...) and thanks for being there for me and for letting me read all your blogs even if I don't comment much heh heh.

I love you all and please please please....someone make sure Tesso runs her guts out in Canberra and puts all her hard efforts to work.

xxxxx
Clairie

12 comments:

Jen said...

Nothing I can say will ease your anxiety today. So I will just say that you will be in thoughts today.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spud said...

All the very best Clairie, hope it all goes well for you.

Superflake said...

Hope the surgery goes well Clairie. See you on the road in an hour! Tesso will run well, I'll get the cattle prod out.

plu said...

Of course I read it - good luck.

Plu

Rob said...

Hey Clairie, We love and wish you a safe op and a speedy recovery.
The good thing about a general is that you know nothing, you just wake up and it the worst is over. All you have to do is recover. I've been under a couple of times no drama.
As for Tesso, she will run her guts out because I'll be chasing her.

Ewen said...

I hope it went well Clairie.

Your buddy won't have to run her guts out - she's in the best shape of her life. Actually, her guts will be bloody sore after I give her an extra hard punch for beating my 3k PB!

Samurai Running said...

Just read this Clairie! What's going on? I have no background on why you're having this op or how serious it is but I can sympathise.

It must be bloody scary to think you could lose all that you have. Still the good news is that you didn't get the things you have by accident. Such things as the love of your family and friends came to you because you gave of yourself, because you put the effort into the things that you love.

So just transfer that attitude to this current battle and you are sure to come out on top.

Like everyone else I'll be sending my thoughts your way. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Cirque said...

Big hugs lovey. Please post asap and let us know how you are.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown said...

You'll be fine, Clairie, though I share the pain you feel while waiting for the operation to be over.

Just remember you are well loved by all of us & you'll be running again soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Criniti said...

Hi Clairie,

I'm enjoying being on school holidays now and having Canberra behind me, as I can catch up with what everyone's been doing.

Thanks for the supportive comments you've posted recently on mine regarding school as well as my running goals.

I hope your operation was without complications and that you are now feeling better.

Yours in the long run,

Dave

Stephen Lacey said...

oops, I do read, just don't check in on bloglines or reader as often as I used to. Hope the op went well and that the recovery is progressing well. Isn't it about time for and update to tell us whether you died or not?

Samurai Running said...

I agree with Stephen. But I guess if you did die we would have heard from Tesso, but then again she has been on a so much of a high since PBing the 3K she may not realise your dead ;)