Tuesday, September 30, 2008

357km - 10 - 17.5= 329.5km

Tuesday - 10km Man a hard speed session this one! Honestly felt like I was going to throw up. Tesso was walking around the gardens with Billy so I was able to focus and put in some effort. I was really happy with how I was going...it was just how I was FEELING that made me realise how further I have to go to get back to good fitness.

Saturday - 17.5km Slowly inching my way up to some decent mileage for the Saturday run. I will be happy when I can run 25km and finish without collapsing for the weekend.

Had Sun/Mon off to ease the legs before the time trial this morning but due to home circumstances (aka teething baby...departing husband...school holidays...end of quarter) it all got too much and 5mins from leaving home I broke down and stayed wiht my sooky bub. I was wrought at the time but dealing with it all now.
Having a tea break at work (busiest day of the year), Billy's temp is down and he seems happy when I check in on him and (very importantly) I have promised myself I will get out for a run tonight.

I have to stop feeling like I have to achieve everything and select a few things that are important to me and focus on them and not put so much onto the day to day training/racing....in other words the focus should be on things like KURRAWA and CANBERRA!!!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

I missed you guys this morn. But I did have another bub to look after (Hugo) and another Claire (Margy & Michelle's pet lamb) to hang out with.

Hopefully you can make it to the Thursday sess or I will have to contact your stand-ins.

Toasty said...

Tesso was looking everywhere for you.

There is a trick I learnt a long time ago and it works for me. Pick 3 things that are important to you each day. Just 3!

Ewen said...

Good idea Clairie. Maybe you and Tesso can make a marathon comeback in Canberra!

Rob said...

Focus Clairie! Focus. That's it you can do it. Eye on the goal. Focus.