My training is going to be summarised here for reflective and productive purposes.
If anyone has any suggestions on style of what I should be keeping track of let me know. Does anyone think HR is a good indicator? How is this best utilised if so???
21weeks to my next marathon. So Training officially starts in 3 weeks!
Format:
Distance: xxkm
Time: xx:xx
Effort: hard/easy/tempo
Detail: PCRG speed / Long run / Midweek long / Hills
3 comments:
There are 2 HR, the resting one taken first thing in the morning and the average one during each session. The first one is handy to assess fitness and your recovery the second is best let to Robert Song to comment on. I would also add a recovery field because a days recovery can be as important as any session depending on what your body is telling you.
You asked I told, you fart I scold!
Hey Clairie
I would go to McMillian and get the pace readings for a marathon goal pace ten minutes under what you want to run in your next marathon.
And then train using them as a guide to how fast you should be doing your easy, recover runs, tempo, hard runs etc.
I'm doing this for my Townsville training, that is training for 2:50 to run sub 3 hours, it has got to work if I can sustain the pain. Ewen mentioned about this in a recent blog comment.
You might also like to record the amount of sleep you are getting each night.
You asked I told, you need your sleep you're getting old!
As Toasty said, Robert Song is the HR expert.
I think average heart rate (AHR) on a particular course is an excellent guide as to how your training is progressing.
Robert Song records this as a number X where AHR * Ave Pace per km = X. So, if your AHR for a particular course is 150 and ave pace is 5:00/km, X = 750.
I like this method because you can tell if you're improving without necessarily having to run faster. For example, if you run the course at 5:12/km and your AHR is 142, then X = 738. This means your fitness has improved compared to the previous example (X = 750) even though you ran the course at a slower pace.
You need to use the same course and distance though - maybe use your midweek long run. A hillier course will give a higher X value.
Post a Comment