Tuesday, May 05, 2009

3km Time Trial - May

Distance: 9km
Time: 1hr including strides and stretching.
Effort: tempo run
Detail: 3km warm up at easy pace. 3km time trial that felt easy enough. Was able to talk and really enjoy the run but the pace was faster than a long run pace so breathing was noticeable. Hung back in the last 500m to get a couple of runners over the line. Finished in 13:08. Felt really good and enjoyed easy warmdown back to the Ship Inn. Am totally loving this lack of speed and distance in my training as I recover the legs from the Marathon, but I know it won't last and after one more week the effort is going to be required.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to read that you're recovering so well, Clairie.

A bit of speed needed here too! I don't want to be last in the SMH Half Marathon on 17th May!