Distance: 18.5km
Time: No idea but roughly I would have though 5:30min/km pace.
Effort: Easy
Detail: Seems strange to call it a long run! Only did 18km. But it felt long enough thank you very much. Ran out on the Green Bridge loop and included West End. I really like this run but for some reason it felt a bit harder towards the end than what I would have liked. I just felt tired and was running out of gas. I had a really bad stitch in the first half which disappeared as soon as I had a big drink of water and a 30sec breather. All in all I really had a good run. The long run is my favourite of the week.
5 comments:
I had a very similar run to that myself yesterday. Only 17 km, but felt a bit tired toward the end. 'twas a bit hot. You are doing well, Clairie.
I love that distance for "long" runs!
I guess you'll be back into full training soon, including hard 3k time trials. Get Tesso to pace you ;)
He is a stirrer that Ewen.
I did some calculations and my guess is you are aiming for Sydney Marathon. Is that so?
Long runs are what makes a distance runner. You've got to love them or you wouldn't survive.
Yep Clairie the the long run is best of all. I hate anything getting in the way of my Sunday long run. It is the high light of the week.
Don't wory about the tiredness towards the end. A couple more long runs and you will have your running legs back and you will just want to keep on going.
now I know why I haven't visited for a while - calling 18.5km a pretend long run!?! Damn, I'd be lucky to ride that far lately!
too embarassing to come on here and see how well you're running missy!
Post a Comment