Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jeremy Jeremy Jeremy

Jeremy - I blame you.

Today was horrendous and tremendous. I am so glad I did the run I did and it went amazingly fast! Felt faster than a three km time trial. But at the time it was hurting. Just like a 3k TT I guess.

Ok so I can't blame Jeremy for me being late but that's what started it all. I turned up at five am in time to see the buddies take off. I chased them (and had been running very hard from the carpark already) and got them a few hundred metres up the road but I was sore and my groin was throbbing. Never had that before. Must not sprint on cold legs.

Half hour later and we returned to where we had started from to pick up the 5:30am crew. Liz was there and both Tess and I really wanted to catch up and run with her.
A new guy showed up (JEREMY) just as we were leaving. But he had a bike and a knapsack.sigh.
Tess and I told the others to head off whilst we took him to show him where the lockers were. Then he didn't have coins so we waited with his stuff whilst he ran off to the shops. Then we waited some more. Just because.
A good fifteen minutes later with the bike all locked up we took off. FAST!! We wanted to try to catch up to the buddies (Liz mostly) so off we went. Poor Jeremy he just hung on the best he could. I asked his marathon PB (4hrs but was a bad day) and his half marathon PB (90mins) so decided he could keep with us. He had only been in the county two weeks from Singapore and was suffering with the cooler weather today.
Anyhow a long story short - we ran 4:30 pace for the next 6km along coro drive and did not speak at all.
We finally caught up at St Lucia to the other crowd but sad to say Liz had turned around to try to catch us on the return leg in another direction. We were destined to not run together.

I had to be home early and was shocked to find when we were at the Tennis Centre it was already after 7am. The shortest route back to the car was 7km and I had to do it in under half an hour. I gave it my best shot but got stuck on a big hill up Stephens Street in South Brisbane. For the most part we raced back and at the car I was completely exhausted. A protein drink was necessary just to get me home (driving the car) safely.

Nana nap and some TLC required now.

No comments: