Friday, February 24, 2012

Groundhog Week

Wednesday
Started out with the Buddies who said they were running slow. Never trust Brett!! We were doing 4:40's on average for the first 5km. I slowed down a bit after we hit 9km and turned for home. The way we ran it was only 3km back to the starting point. After enjoying being on my own I then saw some runners up ahead and decided to try and catch them. I never did but the intent to focus on form was a good one and saw me finish strong.


Thursday
It was Ash Wednesday yesterday so I didn't eat anything the whole day. Getting out for a run this morning was tough and sluggish. I managed 7km but I believe that was only due to a pre-workout drink I had taken ten mins before I left home. My intent was to do another three km in the afternoon but it didn't happen. I'm not going to be a sook about not getting my 10km done though. It has been fantastic to have a reason and goal each day to try to achieve but I have to let go a bit on the odd occasion when I don't hit the goals.

Friday
10km around home. Very calming and felt in the zone. Wasn't fast but I felt like a runner.

No comments: