Oh the joy of failing at what we set out to achieve.
I had planned to run 5km every day this month. I haven't. It has been so much fun NOT sticking to my goal. I have been quite imaginative with my excuses and my home and work life are all taking the full benefit of my eagerness to stay indoors and find any reason to keep busy and not leave the comfort of my well lit, warm, dry office/home.
Having said that I have not been extremely lazy. I have still run regularly and try to run hard when I do get out.
Saturday was tough - a big celebration and weekend away meant running 5km through trails on a farm whilst under the influence of a big lunch (and wine). Quite hilarious and silly but an experience I'll always treasure.
Monday was another blast. I though I had arranged to meet people at Mt Cootha. Turns out all I had arranged was to dream it up. I waited in the dark and texted some people but no show and I realised then I was in the wrong. Quite funny really and I think I giggled my way around the big hills. A bit scary the first few km but once the sun was on its way up I was able to see (and be seen) so I felt more comfortable. It is never an easy run but always always a fun one.
Today was 11km with the buddies. I ran from the Ship Inn out to the bus turnaround at Orleigh Park and was breathing heavy. I decided to run on my own coming back. Graham was just up ahead so I wanted to keep him in sight. I didn't realise he was going so fast!!! Crikey. I was breathing a lot heavier on the way back. I think the last 4 km were average 4:40min/km but some were a bit slower and one was way faster. I didn't have GPS on to tell exactly but just going by how I felt.
Who knows what other runs I'll do this week. Interesting times ahead. I just treasure that I am so enjoying it at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment