Thursday, September 20, 2012

Two Weeks in One!

Been a bit slack so for prosperity's sake here is my last fortnights training.

Thursday 6th Sept - Linda's speed session - 13km all up. 2km warm up 10km @ 4:41 pace and 1km cool down.
Friday - off
Saturday - 37km @ 5:03 pace. Felt easy but running with Tess always does! Had a few spots in it that I mentally could have thrown in the towel but all in all I was so excited about getting this one in the bank. We got caught up in a race in New Farm so did some 4:20 km's as well as a few quick ones going over the Storey Bridge playing leapfrog so that bought the overall average pace down to a decent one.
Sunday - NOTHING!
Monday 10th - 5km easy
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - 20.3km @ 5:09 pace over hills. Happy with this one on my own but was totally wasted. Didn't want to do any speed but found I was progressing quite well. I had a number of breaks to stretch and get water and had to find a toilet at the halfway mark as my stomach was reacting to the heat a bit.

Thursday 13th - Lindas - 13km in total. 3k warm up, 8km @ marathon pace and 1km cooldown.
Friday - off
Saturday - 30km @ 5:06min/km. I loved this run. It was the toughest i have done because it was on my own. I had lots to think about though so it was good to be solo. I was running along Ballina and headed towards Lennox Heads. Didn't quite get there but got close. Did 5km on rocks and the beach and some climbing so a real tough run. About 15km was on trails along the beach - how awesome was that. Totally made me appreciate the beauty of the country we live in. Really helped give me a new respect for what running does to/for the body as well as made me feel closer to Mother Nature. Finished strong with a few
Sunday 16th- NOTHING!
Monday 17th - 10km easy with Tesso. Doing 5:15 pace average but started slow and got progressively faster. Fun! Finished with coffee which made it very pleasant start to the day.
Tuesday 18th - 18.5km - Started at work, met Tess at the GoBe Bridge and we made our way to PCRG for the speed session. Pat took us out to the UQ track where we did 2 x 3min; 1 x 6min, 1 x 4min, 2 x 1min and 1 x 30sec. It was a great setting and I loved being on the track (dirt track alongside UQ ovals) as opposed to concrete or road.  A bit congested in places but for speed work and not a race it was very manageable.
Wednesday 19th - off. Totally wiped out. Little baby is sick so all things stop and time to refocus on the family unit.

No comments: