I think it works for me to have higher mileage days and more rest days than spreading the same mileage over more days and having only one day off a week (or none!). I have a number of running buddies that prefer the complete opposite but I have spent a number of years contemplating this and I experience no injuries and reduced tiredness/soreness and more motivation when I have two rest days a week. I still need to be running 90-110 km a week though so double up days or high mileage runs twice a week are necessary.
This week shows lots of rest days but the plan was a low week in my NYRR program as well as after doing 99km last week and still trying to ensure the hammy doesn't play up. When I did run this week it was quality sessions. I felt great!
Thursday - Rested
Friday - Rested
Saturday - 25km. Ran from Ship Inn up to Mt Cootha and back. A wonderful run for many reasons and I loved every minute of it.
Sunday - Rest Day
Monday - 12.5km Steady
Tuesday - 6 x 1Mile Repeats: 1 Mile warm up; 1M @ 4:45; 1M @ 4:15; 1M @4:10; 1M @ 4:45 1 Mile Cool down. I did it. Completely exhausting running in the afternoon but this workout was to get you running at marathon pace (4:45) then exhaust you and then get you running at marathon pace tired. It worked. My marathon pace on the last one felt so easy despite my legs being tired and hurting. (10km all up)
Wednesday - Off
No comments:
Post a Comment