Ran at Pats this morning and as he had 1km efforts on the menu I thought I could run them but just very slowly and not as many as the others were doing. A Team did 5 x 1km, B Team did 4 x 1km with a bit tacked on if they got back too early. Z Team (that consists of just me) did 2 x 1km at 5.30min/km pace.
I did the first km and came in last then stretched and decided to wait for the A Team to get back there. I timed them and asked the front runner how quick he was running - 3:22 / 3:24's was the response. THAT'S FAST. Especially as most of them were meant to be in recovery this week or are doing long mileage leading up to Gold Coast.
I then turned around just before they did and headed back to the start, they got me just at the 500m mark and it was good to be running amongst fast people (if only for 2 seconds or so).
I was uncomfortable on the cool down and had a stitch on my right side that I could not get rid of so I ended up walking at least 1km before starting to jog again.
All up it was a good day and I'm glad I got out of bed for some exercise. 19 weeks now- so halfway through pregnancy next week - Thanks Goodness!!!!!!
6 comments:
Wow, half way through already.. time is flying by. I laugh when I see the speed you're running at as I'd still only just be able to keep up with you and I'm certainly not pregnant!
Like Lulu, I'm surprised that you're at the half way mark, Clairie! Very pleased that you're still running (with bub on board!) & enjoying it. Take care.
I was wondering how you were going Clairie. Had to laugh at the 'Z Team' - very exclusive.
Being amongst the fast people, you must feel like the drummer in the band - being amongst musicians.
Congrats on your half marathon :)
I'm glad you got out of bed for some exercise too, it was great so see you. 19 weeks and you look fantastic!
Oh, and Z is for Zippy. Well, zippiest pregnant lady in Brisbane anyway :-)
I'm with Lulu. I couldn't keep up with you either sans-pregnancy! Glad to hear that it's going well.
I was in the Z Team this morning too Clairie. The ZZZzzzz...ZZZzzzz Team.
Post a Comment