Sunday I was determined to run down at Brisbane Road Runners - it has been such a long time since I have been there FOR A RUN!!
Sunday seemed to be nice and cool and I was keen to run in those conditions. With the sun coming up later the start was not until 6.30am so again that was good news!
6:30am everyone had done their warm up (except me) and were toeing the line. Tesso was champion cheerer for the day - just watching us on the sidelines. Though I noticed she had her running kit on so I suspect that was just in case the addiction took over....and she 'had' to run LOL.
It took 3km for me to ease into a pace. I went out a bit hard (for me) but was quickly stopped with one and then the other shoelace coming undone. Warming up has its benefits in ensuring you are prepared for a race in more ways than one!
I didn't run with a watch so just kept plodding along and trying to remain in control of my breathing.
It got hot very quickly and though the last thing I wanted was to have to run in just a crop top it soon became evident that I would cook with my singlet on as well.
I did the first 5km loop in 26mins but on the second loop I stopped a few times to get my breath and take on board lots of water. I enjoyed the second lap better, I think this was because I was warmed up and in the rythym of running.
Finish time on the clock was 56mins. How depressing. I don't think I'll even look next time.
I went home and was completely exhausted for 90mins but after some breaky, a power nap and hot cup of tea I was raring to get to the footy and get a good park.
A great weekend.
9 comments:
Well done Clairie. Great run and a great attitude. Go on, admit it, you are actually enjoying the break from full-on competitive mode aren't you!
Great to hear you still getting out and about Clairie - not depressing at all - there are plenty of people who aren't pregnant would be extremely happy with 56 minutes for 10k.
Glad you enjoyed your weekend.
Clairie, you may not have felt it but you sure looked fantastic out there. And isn't that the main thing :-)
So you took your singlet and your crop top off?
You're out there and doing it Clairie. The slower times are just a speedbump in your smooth road of improvement. Before you know it, you'll be back running faster than ever.
Hey I ran the Striders 10k on Saturday with a time of 56 mins. Still not allowed to race, but I was happy to just get out there without the contant pressure of seeking a PB.
Take care and hugs from The Dog. xxx
Good on you, Clairie! Unstoppable!
Cool Clairie
now you must understand/appreciate just how good you were running before the baby came along.
As Ewen you'll be back stronger than ever.
56 minutes!!!! ...... no time is relevant right now ... enjoy the run and keep it as simple as that
Just catching up on all my blog reading after my trip. So glad to hear that you are still going strong. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment