Again, met up with the Brisbane Running Buddies after several weeks of doing nothing at all. I struggled through but due to time constraints Katy and I managed to do quite a fast (okay we flew) paced walk/run session for just under two hours.
We did the green bridge loop which is around 12km and after sitting down for breaky for 30mins I was almost unable to get up and move again I was that sore!!
Billy joined us for breaky but stayed in bed with Daddy for the run so it was nice to be able to push the pace and see what it felt like without the pram.
I can't wait to be able to do a long run and go for two hours running. I am so far away from doing that but it is a dream that I am clinging to right now.
7 comments:
Hey Clairie, I always get excited when I see that you have updated your Blog. You are always so bright an positive amd make me feel good about being a runner because the running world includes people like you.
You'll get there soon Clairie. Keep going with it.
It will happen
Trust Katy to be doing more than one thing at once (running, walking and talking). She's such a girl.
As they say, it won't happen over night but it will happen. Be kind to yourself Clairie.
Great stuff Clairie. In fact it sounds like the perfect marathon training, slowly building up the long runs and worrying about speed later.
What do we always say is most important - time on the feet. That's just what you are doing! And though it doesn't seem much to you its a hell of a lot more than the majority of the population.
You'll do it, Clairie...just be patient with yourself!
Post a Comment