Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday - Mount Cootha

Distance: 9.5km
Time: 1hr ish.
Effort: Gutsy
Detail: Hills!! Run from JC Slaughter Falls around Mt Cootha. Was very dark and very cold. Security is a big concern and next time I will take a light. Not too many cars but the ones that did zoom past obviously didn't see us until the last minute or just didn't care.
Worked hard the whole way. I really felt the hill session in my legs still from yesterday but was determined to work hard all the way to the top. From there it was just a matter of keeping going. I was really happy with this run and could have done another lap quite easily...well started one at least!

Great to be on the hills again, can't wait until I am doing them easier.

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Yes Clairie, take a light. It's always good to see when someone is attacking you ;)

Takecare!

2P said...

JC Slaughter Falls - sounds spooky! Hills sound good though - nice time for a hill run.

Toasty said...

Cool 2 laps next time, see you there!