The written word is never as exciting as hearing it personally. WAY TO GO is me jumping up and down with a huge grin and being incapable of stopping the giggles...its just an awesome feeling.
(just in case you misinterpreted it for 'way to go...in getting better or improving or something).
anyhow back to me...
Ran the BRRC 15km on Sunday after having the WHOLE WEEK off..did I mention I didn't run all last week. Nearly went crazy and got divorced, quit my job and moved to Vietnam to take up house building...but decided I didn't want to miss the weekend running squad!
The foot seemed no more improved for the break. It didn't hurt at all to be walking in high heels but as soon as I put the runners on I could feel pain. GRRRRRrrrrr
Funny enough I went out for a warm up and thought..gee I'm not likely to finish today's run. I'll start though and attempt to complete the 15km but as it was 5km loops I could pull out at any time.
Once the race started I was distracted into trying to chase Adrian Pearce (no hope - he was off!!) and listening to my ipod. WHO LOADED THAT SHIT ON MY IPOD?? I had to keep FF the songs to something with a heartbeat otherwise I was going to be doing Karaoke and singing along to Kenny Rogers!
I finished first female - yah I guess but having no real competitors takes the buzz off. I was wrapped that Jo Sherman was there to watch and cheer for me and give encouragement as well as tips on my form (i was looking good1!!) Aside from that no real females I knew were running/racing with me.
I got through the first loop and was happy with the clock time, went through the second loop at the same time - even happier. However I hurt bad on the last loop. I think it was my fastest but I was also over it. I wasn't enjoying the run and my foot had started to hurt. I am so proud of myself and I had all the reasons in the world (in my head) to just stop...but I kept it going. I had no idea of my placing as there were two ladies in front of me by about 400m. I closed the gap on the last loop to 100m but they were still in front. Imagine my suprise when they didn't cross the finish line and kept going - woohoo they were in the 20km race that had started at the same time. *shallow victory*
Looking at the Garmin I averaged 4:26min/km. Gotta be happy with that after a week off. Even happy to note the km were roughly all around 4:27/4:28 with the first km being 4:23 and the last being 4:16. For me that's even pacing!!
Now to work on this foot and get back to the serious business that is training.
2 comments:
Nice seeing your blog posts pop up again Clairie! And you are well and truely back into it and heading it the right direction.
Still running with Pat's group?
NIce report and nice run. Yep that is by anyones standard even pacing. Keep up the training !!!
Post a Comment