After a few days running (ha ha no pun intended) with the bare minimum of sleep I was exhausted. Life is a juggling act and at the moment my balls are all up in the air and one of them is going to crash. Hopefully soon work, home, health, friends and sports will sort themselves out and get back into some manageable form of chaos.
I honestly had no expectations of the run on Sunday. In fact being Theresa Fabians birthday I had promised her I would come and run 10km and then head to breaky together. I knew I couldn't do it (10km race) the day before when I started drinking a few beers and the hubby wanted to whisk me away somewhere we we had been before and had a great night. Time to re-create the scene he thought..mmm sick kid, long day..not quite the best lead up. Anyhow it was a great night but very long (driving out bush and then home again just after midnight).
I was up at 4am (THANKS TELSTRA and bloody daylight savings) instead of 5am so I went back to sleep and then slept in. Thanks to a can of V I revived myself sufficiently to drive the car into West End and caught up with the crowd.
The 10km was a Handicap race so Tesso ended up being scheduled to start just 1min before the 5km race at 6:30am. Sweet. We warmed up together and I was glad then to not be running the 10km.
Long story short I ran well. Finished in 21mins exactly though Garmin had a bit longer distance on the watch (?) and said average pace was 4:09min/km. I know the first one was 3:55 and the second I slowed down into a more comfortable 4:14min/km. I haven't looked at what the others were but you can work it out I am sure. The headwind coming home on the out and back loop made it a tough day out there but it was good to work hard and finish.
I'm happy I started.
I'm happy I finished.
I'm happy I made it to breakfast.
Happy Birthday to my best friend Tesso xxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment