Life is so damn bloody typical! Right when I should be about to launch into a program of running, running and more running; right when I should be able to see some results and get some speed; right when the weather is turning and the daylight hours are increasing....I get bloody injured.
My right foot is currently experiencing what I call "Plantar Fascitis"symptoms. I call it that because I won't get help. Won't get an official diagnosis. So damn cranky. Just going to sit it out and hope for the best. Today is worse than yesterday which was bad because I didn't run and wanted to. Today I just want to sit and whinge and cry. Who cares about running anyhow??
Why is running so addictive? Why does it fulfil something in our lives that no-one and nothing else can fulfil? I've heard others say it is better than sex...well that is just plain silly. Sex is what you do with someone else. Running is all you. You train for it, you either work hard at it or you don't...you have good days and you have bad days and you have these HUUGGGEEE endorphins running through your body to reward you. No one else can run for you. Support you, train with you, help to push you through a barrier - yes but in the end IT IS ALL YOU.
You never feel the isolation as harshly as when you are injured and everyone around you is running EXCEPT YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment