Sunday, June 26, 2011

Running is like Sex....

...I'm just saying.

You head out and do something you are familiar with and BAM it takes your breath away. You just have that awesome run where the legs turn over and take you where you want to go, the breathing is settled and you feel very capable of achieving anything.
Today was one of those days. One of those runs.
Mark was doing a trial to see how his legs were working after his physio and rest days - big GC goal coming up. I was just along for the ride. I certainly didn't expect to even enjoy today after completely exhausting myself yesterday (and this week). Suprise Suprise.

We headed out to Orleigh Park from the Ship Inn just as the light was coming up, which meant a sleep in for me as I have been starting early for most runs this past month. (Can't wait for summer!!)
If I was honest, I was a bit apprehensive about how I was going to go with this run. I didn't want to hold Mark back - and certainly I wanted to see if I could run with him the whole way - but I just assumed my tiredness and sore legs were going to get the better of me. I just never felt a bad spot the whole way.
I'm guessing we ran about 12km under 5min/km. We saw lots of fellow friends out there on the way who were all happy to see Mark running. Tesso and I had a hug mid-run (she was doing a marathon pace run with the Intraining crew). It was just perfect all round.
Heading back to the Ship Inn I was tempted to just keep running. You know its a good thing when you don't want to stop. Maybe I wasn't running hard enough?? I was concious of Mark though and we pulled in at the beach and got our breath back.
That post run glow will keep me happy for many days. I just wish I could adjust to the cold showers like I can to the increase in km!!!
SOUTHBANK BRING BACK THE HOT WATER!!!!

oh did I mention the breakfast? Its been so long since I have eaten at Poppys and it was just perfect to finish the run there with Katy and Mark. Off now to face the non-running tasks of the world...sigh.

No comments: