Mother addicted to running! Determined to go sub 3:20 before I hit 50! This blog is my journey of how I get there......
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
All the Support in the World....
So much for a running blog - there's not been much of that!!!!!
Saturday No running
Sunday No Running
Monday 8 x 100m - pain free
Tuesday No running (2nd Phsyio appt)
Wednesday 2km pain free + 60min brisk walk as a warm up
Massage today with cupping and finally I am feeling like I am getting on top of this.
I have the all clear to run now after doing my appointments and the improvements being so drastic. I have one of the lucky bodies that will throw an injury when things are out of whack..but it doesn't take long to get back into whack and the injury to hide itself until next time.
The focus is regular massage, core strength and for now - a gentle increase to my mileage as I come back.
The coaches at NYRR have been great and have come back to me with a revised program to ignore all speedwork for 2-3 weeks My flex day must be a rest day (so only running 4 days a week). I am to do all the prescribed sessions in my program but only following the mileage (ignore the pacing and/or hill efforts). They have dropped me back to the Conservative program (uuugggh) until I am fully cleared and back up to running 65+km a week (ie 5 days). I'm guessing if I do this sensibly that will take me three weeks. Knowing me next week will be a big week.
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good to hear you are on the mend
Post a Comment