Saturday, April 01, 2006

Taper Time

Well and truly felt the taper this morning.

Went out and ran 10km. Tried to run at race pace but could not slow down that much. I felt great and just ran at average of 4:40 pace with some faster and some slower kms.

When it was finished I wanted to keep going and run for much longer. But I didn't.

It was hard to see all my other fellow Canberran's doing 16km this morning but I stuck to my program and just did my 10km.

Now this week I will be sorting out my music and packing my bag and cleaning the house...not much running so gotta fill the gaps somehow.

Won't blog this week as I found reading everyone's posts this weekend very exciting and it made me feel a bit nervous. That and I won't have much to blog!!!!

Have I bitten off more than I can chew? Course not, I am confident but will have to work hard to keep the nerves away now....this time next week I will be a marathoner. Wow!

15 comments:

Shane said...

Bitten off more than you can chew, NO WAY, you will do great and I cant wait to get the race report. It is a great achievement getting to the stage your are at now, I can only imagine how good it will be for you in a weeks time.

Good luck, you dont need it but will say it anyway.

Thanks for the comments, im gearing up for bad news from the scan, however the next best thing to running is reading the blogs, im sure it will keep me motivated during my time off. Just make sure you do good I need all the inspiration I can get :)

Rob said...

Yo betcha Clairie!

2P said...

Of course you should blog! Excitement is what it is all about - why else would you do it?

Tesso said...

Great run yesterday. Good on ya for sticking to the pgm and resisting the temptation to run further. All that saved up energy is gonna come in handy next Sunday morning.

And if you have more gaps to fill come and clean my house too :-)

Superflake said...

Have a great race Clairie. Your training has been first class so don't worry. A few deep breaths at the start and go off slow and build into. Looking forward to the race report.

Katie said...

Good luck Clairie! See you next week... enjoy the build up, we are only virgin marathoners once! Don't forget to pack some gloves.... it was 2 degrees down there yesterday Brrr

Chelle said...

Once you're done at yours and Tess's place feel free to drop around at mine, it'd be great to have a Marathoner clean it :)

Cirque said...

Maybe a teeny blog, just to let us know how your preparation is going and how you're feeling?
If not, have a fantastic time and we'll all be thinking of you on the day.
I can't wait for the race report!

Eagle said...

Best wishes for the rest of the week - follow the plan and you will be fine. No negative thoughts from now on - it is now the mental prepartion that needs to be worked. Looking so much to catching up with you - will phone later in the week.

Ewen said...

You'll have to run faster than 4.40 pace to keep warm down here!

Don't go crazy with the house cleaning. Rest up!

Toasty said...

and you can clean our house too if that helps .... just thinking of you

Lulu said...

Not long now. There's no way you've bitten off more than you can chew; you'll be kicking butt :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you whizz by and cheering you to the finish.

Robert Song said...

We will survive the cold and it will be good for our performance.

Having run in London for a couple of years, I know my hands and head get very numb when it gets below 5-6C. So I will be starting with a binni and gloves. I will discard them when I feel warm enough.

Should be a fun weekend. See you there.

Jen said...

Go get em Clairie. I only wish I would be there to see it but I will be thinking of you on Sunday morning!

Unknown said...

Remember to start slowly, Clairie; don't let excitement take over or you'll pay for it later; other than that..have a fantastic run & I'll probably run over & hug you as you pass me several times!