Turned up at Pats this morning to be met with a very tiny crowd of only 15 or so runners.
We just did a 50min run out to New Farm and back.
I felt very unco-ordinated on the way out and was struggling somewhat with motivation and pain but really got into it on the way back.
Finished strong and was really happy I had made myself do it. I felt great, invincible and ready to take on the world.
Alas after going straight to a meeting at 7:30am and then sitting for 90mins I stood up to immense pain. I called the doctor and he got me straight in.
So yep all cortisoned up now and feeling looooveeely. Bugger of it is that I am now sidelined for a bit.
This was the conversation after he injected me:
"so clairie, no running for 14 days now ok?"
"really 14 days? that's a bit extreme isn't it?"
"do you want a hip replacement in 10 years time?"
"mmm good point" "so can I bike?"
"no"
"swim?"
"no"
"walk fast?"
"get out of my office"
So being the medical expert that I am I have decided on the following plan of action - after all, I really know best and know my body the most. *evil laugh*
Today - injection
Fri - nothing
Sat - nothing
Sun - nothing
Mon - gym (upper)
Tue - gym (upper)
Wed - gym (upper) (are we bored yet???)
Thur - easy 6km
Fri - easy 8km
Sat - easy 15km run
If I get to this point injury free I will then do the Noosa attack but I do need to minimise distance for another week so have no excuse to not focus on speed training.
7 comments:
Gee that's not good news. Be careful, speed can be more dangerous than easy distance.
Looks like Tesso wants to not only get on the 3:20 bus but we the driver as well!
Like Robert Song said be very careful. You don't want to mess with the pain just to do a race. It's not worth it.
i thought speed work was more dangerous too
i'd hide your runners from you if i could, to stop you from hurting yourself, you worry me
Clairie you really are incorrigible. I love you for courage and determination but read my lips.....take it easy.
I sorry you didn't have a great time on the GC and that I wasn't there to cheer you on this time.
I hope your hip behaves itself! Don't break yourself now will you?
What they all said ....
And what I keep saying to you. Or did I promise today to shut up if you did what I asked. 7 days off, that's nothing. I had 23, not that I was counting.
Noosa here we come, lets both get there in one piece even if we don't burn up the bitumen. There are bigger fish to fry later in the year ... KURRAWA!!!
Clairie, you really are very naughty! 14 days is 14 days, not 7!! You simply must do as the doc said or I'll have to make you stand in a corner for 14 hours! I'd repeat what the doc said: do you want a hip replacement in 10 years time?
Post a Comment