Wednesday, July 26, 2006

TUESDAYS PAIN...

Had a great session this morning at Pats.

I had a plan to work hard and mostly kept to the plan.

We did a warm up and then had 7x500m efforts with the finish being a run up a very steep hill!!

In between efforts was a 60sec resting recovery but when has that ever stopped Pat saying "go" after only 20sec.....
I thought I would cark it on the 4th on but was actually feeling good right up until the sixth one. I pulled in behind Toastie but then realised he was actually going 'slow' for him and was about to pull out but he surged and took off. Being in my comfort zone I just kept plodding till the end of the rep. I ran the next one hard, picked up my jumper and then did the final rep and shot up the hill. I felt strong but was definitely tiring and eager to stop.

An honest session and I felt good about my efforts. A little bit of aching legs later in the day but haven't led to anything further....

2 comments:

Tesso said...

You're right Clairie, Tuesday morning was a great session! Funny, as we started on our warmdown and Pat ran past I was about to tell him how fantastic it was, but then you got in first. So now I have to try to not just run faster to catch you but talk faster as well ;-)

Toasty said...

You should feel good about you efforts!