Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Jealous Woman......

I am very unapproachable today so just stay away!!!

Talk about being the grumpiest in the world. I just can't seem to even manage a warm smile at people. Just a lift of the corner of my mouth to appear like a snubby smirk.

I hate not being able to run. It just messes with your brain.

I am at work thinking of all my wonderful friends out there running - at Pat's, at the Regatta, in freezing Canberra (yah CJ), Melbourne and Sydney and they are all doing the one thing I want to be doing.

I hereby swear that I will spend my running life (when I get one back) dedicating myself to avoiding injury.
I will stretch
I will warm up
I will cool down
I will wear good shoes
I will eat protein
I will race hard and enjoy the pain.
I will never take for granted the ability to run again.

Three more days before I venture out (LL if you are reading this -it's a misprint!!)

In the meantime my butt has grown, I cut my hair (my daughter swore the mullet would suit me!!!) and even the gym is no fun when you can't do a great warm up workout.

Ho hum......I'll be back in three days!

11 comments:

Tesso said...

Hmmmm, does that mean you are back on the road Thursday or Friday? You better not break our deal Missy.

Your butt only seems bigger because your hair is shorter. And I must be going to the wrong gym because its never 'fun', warm-up or no warm-up.

And if it makes you feel any better I didn't get to Pat's this morning so really we have missed the same number of sessions so far (ie ONE).

Have a good day Grumble Bum ;-)

Lulu said...

I know what you mean! I haven't even managed to get to one race this year so far. A few more days and you'll be back into it.. hang in there.

miners said...

You've cut your hair? Things really are getting drastic!

Sorry Clairie, I've only now noticed that my comment I left on your race report didn't print, but it may have been because it was too long and it exceeded some sort of blogging limit for comments or something? (I'll chance it again though)

Basically I wanted to remind you not to beat yourself up about something that was (1) beyond your control (or at least, perhaps you should have REALLY pushed me into the ladies toilet queue earlier!) - and (2) that the late start, which was entirely my fault, would have significantly contributed to your bad run on the day. It was an impossible ask for you to have your best run after we ran hard in that first couple of kms to get ourselves back into position.

In hindsight, I realise we should have perhaps just stayed where we were at the start (behind the 1:40 pacer) and just rely on our net time for the race. The way you charged the last 4-5km, you would have *easily* done sub-1:35 that day.

Please don't think you let anyone down. As I said from the outset, I wasn't in PB form myself and was purely there for the fun of the day. I had no aspirations for the race other than to enjoy myself - and that was exactly what I did for every single minute of the race. The immediate minute after the race wasn't as pleasant - I felt absolutely awful, and even more so in realising you missed your family cross the line :(

Please don't think of it as a negative against using a pacer - they are normally great experiences. Just don't pick a pacer who can't get his pre-race routine sorted :)

Hope you're back running again really soon - and best of luck with Noosa. Judging by how you ran the back third at GC, you'll so easily do a PB it's not funny - and to be honest, you should start thinking about 1:30's

Chelle said...

three days Claire and then a lifetime of running (and stretching and everything else on your list!) Hang in there.

R2B said...

Three days and you will be back it will seems like no time has passed.

Hope you keep your promise to never get injured!Its tough but so worth it cos that time layed up really sucks!

Get well soon R2B!

Toasty said...

Of all the comments one sticks out to me .... and then there is the one which sort of looks like Tesso said your had a hairy butt and now it looks bigger since you shaved it ... maybe not

Cirque said...

Hang in there buddy.
And no...we won't stay away no matter how grumpy you get.

Robert Song said...

"I will race hard and enjoy the pain".

May I suggest instead "I will race hard and put in a whole hearted maximium effort. I will monitor any pain closely to stop it turning into an injury that may stop me from running."

Look after yourself. Please.

Bernie G said...

Cool a hair cut. I'll let Blue Dog know you are even faster now without all the wind resistance from your hair ;-).

Tamyka Bell said...

Must be that time of year, haircuts and injuries.

If you think your butt is big, work on your shoulders next time you're at the gym, it's all just proportional ;)

People say that every day off training is an extra two days you have to do later. Look at this long term - if you take three days off now, you can add six days onto the end of your running life. I'm gonna take a few months worth of days off, scattered through my program, so I can run 'til I cark it!

Unknown said...

I'm reading!!