I have only run 55km so far this month. That's just about what Tesso ran on the weekend *gulp*
Thurs 8/3 - 8km
Friday 9/3 - gym
Sat 10/3 - 15km 5:48 pace
Anyhow....I am really missing my running. Well I am still running - but I am missing the long long runs and the speedwork that I have been opting out of.
I was all geared up to go to Pat's this morning with my new fancy hat (courtesy of Tess) but after doing hours of vacuming and scrubbing last night I wasn't very well so decided to not run.
The Six Foot Track results have been amazing and I have been reading them over the past two days in awe. If anyone wants any motivation to run -you only have to look there. Some fantastic results and awesome performances. But when you realise how hard the run is - anyone that finishes is a champion in my eyes.
Now is the exciting time because the focus around Australia shifts to the next big race - CANBERRA!!!!
11 comments:
Your absence was noted ;-)
Shame you missed this morn, Brendan (Virtual) put in a guest appearance. Don't worry though, I gave him a hug for you ... any excuse :-)
Hope you are feeling better. Housework will do that to you every time. Best to avoid it.
You blog fell off bloglines so I've just caught up. I agree with Tesso, don't do the housework.. very bad for you.
I'll see you in Canberra as Stephen is running this year. I hope you'll be running, not cheering.
Take care of yourself.
Take care and just focus on getting to the starting line and then enjoy an easy cruise provided it does not do any long term damage.
hope you'll still be running Clairie - sounds like there'll be a few of us (Plu from 6FT springs to mind) who are doing big races on very little long-run training, so perhaps it'll all fall into place on the day?
You mean you don't count vaccuming and scrubbing as training!!!
I agree Clairie, any 6' finisher is awe inspiring. Even the Grim Reaper.
Start next year and you'll have your Buckle and Belt in 2020 :)
Eagle's on the money again Clairie. Enjoy the cruise and don't be too proud to 'do a Tesso'.
I agree with Tesso - housework is not good for the health. I avoid it every chance I get!
Take care and look forward to seeing you in April!
Being a guy I find house work very therapeutic, helps me focus my energies, keeps me honest, makes me a better person, run faster, leap tall buildings etc, etc...and that's just from watching the wife do it!
I missed out on a couple of your posts and now found out you have a case of the niggles (which I'm also battling there myself). Take care there Clairie. TD
Hey Clairie
How you doing? PB or not Canberra will be great, but if I know you I reckon you must be thinking about a marathon where you can attempt to get a PB? Any clues for us on that front?
As for housework my wife would agree that it is not a priority. In fact she thinks "kooking" and "keaning" are cities in China!
Sorry too good of an opportunity to pass up using that old chestnut.
Ikk, cleaning. Too many accidents happen in the home. Best not risk an injury or something by doing cleaning. Can't risk an injury :-).
Post a Comment