WEDNESDAY
Tutor Tesso said it would be good to go to the gym...so I did. Ran on the treadmill (=airconditioning) and it felt fantastic. The heat really has been rocking me around lately.
I ran for 8km and could have done a marathon (and more importantly WANTED to) but I had to go to work. Felt really positive after this session as it is something I can see myself doing for a long while.
THURSDAY
A nice cool morning so speed session at Pats was looking enticing. The warm up was good - I got the chance to catch up with Tesso (we hadn't spoken for amost 48hrs, excluding emails of course) and before you knew it the session was started.
5mins, 4mins, 5mins, 4mins.
I was running quite slowly and still found myself in the middle of the pack which really shocked me. There is a fine fine line between running fast and hurting and running slow in regards to the distance you cover in 5mins. I am so amazed that when I've run really hard I only gain another 300m or so to when I am running comfortable. Just like that person who is so far ahead of you and you just can't catch them in a race but you find out your times were only seconds apart!!
Amazing stuff and running slowly - you get more time to think about it all.
The head was pounding a bit on the return efforts from the exertion (ha ha) so I walked a bit here and there but overall was happy to just be out there running with no knee pain.
On the last effort Pat knew I was not at 100% so he asked me to take the music box (in a pram) up to the last hill where we would all be finishing. Yah...so I didn't have to do the last effort after all and just pushed the pram for 600m and sung and danced like a lunatic who'd just won the lottery.
.....anyhow I had fun and that's what it's all about.
7 comments:
and that's what it's all about ...
.... did you put your left foot in and put your left foot out :-)
That's so true about the fine line between busting a gut and backing off a little. Then again, maybe you are much fitter than you realise.
Well done at the gym. I find treadmill running so much harder than road running, though its a good spot to do it when the weather is unfriendly.
Maybe Tess is right and you are fitter than you realise. There is a fine line as you say and perhaps that is a indication that we also all run quicker than we think we do.
Hey Clairie!
Sorry to see you struggling!!! Thanks for your comments about 6ft! I loved it :-)
That photo of you runnning is fantastic... where was it??
It is lovely to be detecting some nice positive vibes there Clairie.
Do you dance as well as Matt?
You should have called in sick and done the 'treadmill marathon'!
Keep having fun Clairie.
Ha! Found you again - you are another blogger that has carelessly dropped off my bloglines.
Just read the news on CR woooohoooo congratulations Clairie.
Thanks for your wise words re recovery - I'm trying to follow what you suggested.
Post a Comment