Okay so now you all know I am pregnant and not just overeating...... :)
The road has been tough on me with Canberra so close away but really at the end of the day as my buddy Tess says - "there's always another one". Marathon that is!
Went along to Pats this morning and did 8km. Did the warm up and cooldown with a bit thrown in the middle. No actual speed work, just a faster jog than the warm up. It was fun because there was a crowd in the group who were going only 80% as they are racing on the weekend at Mooloolaba Triathlon so I was able to stick with them - better than running on your own.
I am really missing not running long distances (funny I am not missing speedwork too much hee hee) but after receiving an email from CR Queen (Dawn Tiller) I have a better idea of what I can accomplish during the next 30 weeks. A simple 10km a day is 70km a week - which is where I usually like to be at. After the last few low weeks I'd even be happy to be running 50km a week for the next few months.
Oh and btw if anyone has a cure for 'lunchtime sickness' please let me know. It seems to be between 12-2 when I feel most unwell. Aside from that - all is well.
17 comments:
Congrats again clairie - its wonderful news, and of course there's tons of time left for future marathons! You may even be competing in a more strategic age group when you come back to it ;)
Hope you keep us up to date on all things maternity. Keep well, take your folate, and keep your iron levels up. As for the morning sickness arriving at 12pm, perhaps you should start going to bed at 6.00am?
oh, by the way, can you thank the non-blogging Rosie for her kind comments :)
Same here Clairie. Congratulations! The things some people do to get out of running a fast marathon ;)
Good secret. Don't know how you managed to keep that one so long.
As far as running while pregnant, Elaine from Canberra wrote an article about it. In her last pregancy she ran (and raced) until about 8 months. She was running about 12 mins for 3000m! I have her email ads if you want to ask her anything. I'm sure you'll come back stronger than ever!
Take care.
What great news. Knew it had to be somthing really big keeping you from Canberra.
Hope all goes well.
I managed to run right uptil the birth of all my kids ;-)
Wow - congrats! Gretanews. And can't wait to share chocolate when you are in canberra. Take care and thanks for the wise advice again - I really need it.
Congratulations Clairie. You will come back much stronger & faster before I'm sure :-)
Look after yourself !
I've heard that sleeping between 12-2 is a good idea. You can also look at how Sue Kelly and Jenny Wickham(striders) have run after kids. Pretty damn quick over the marathon distance. So it can only make you stronger. Clairie for Canberra 2008.
Dang! I just replied and my PC spat the dummy. Gees, baby talk already ;-) I'll try again.
70k or even 50k a week is more than I will be doing post Canberra for a while so I'll probably look like I've gone out in sympathy with you ... :-O<
With all that great advice you are getting I can see you running sub 3 hour marathons and winning 6ft Track when you start racing again.
Clairie! You go to great lenghts to come up with an excuse not to race me :-)
You ripper. Congratulations. I bet Mr Clairie is doing cart wheels. I have seen him with the kids and its obvious he loves them.
LOL - getting sick at lunchtime? You really must stop eating at the staff cafeteria... it is too late to warn you about warm toilet seats....
Congratulations again Clairie this really is brilliant news :-)
Clairie
I thought something was up but it never occured to me that you were pregnant. I mean, I didn't think people married with children still had sex!
I have commented before on your organizational abilities your are great at finding time to fit everything in.
Have a wonderful pregnancy! If there is anything better than running it is this.
Congratulations Clairie. That is such wonderful news. Make sure you take care of yourself in the meantime. See you in Canberra.
Congraulations!!! We are so happy for you, Allan and the rest of teh family! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help! As for the morning/lunch and night sickness thing, I didn't manage to find any quick fixes but I did find that complaining about made me feel better, but apparently didn't make Shane feel that good!
Sammy is so excited that he will have a new little friend to play with! (Though he is a little jealous that he won't have Aunty Clairie to himself for all those lovely hugs and kisses anymore!)
Congratulations again,
Love Cass, Shane and Sam
Pregnant?
The world with more Clarie's will be a better place. I look forward to the addition to your family.
Huge congrats on the exciting baby news. I was getting worried about you for a while there!
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Clairie, that's wonderful for you & the family! Congratulations... stay well & happy.
Hi there. I feel like I know you already from being a regular reader of Tessos blog.
Will be interested to read how a runner will deal with impending motherhood.
Very big congrats Clairie. I'm stoked for you.
Dave
Post a Comment