Monday, April 30, 2007

Update from the Fat Chick

I wish my belly would hurry up and pop out - I feel so frumpy. This week is 15weeks but I don't have a 'baby belly' yet so I just look like someone who is carbo loading and not running ha ha ha

I have been running 3-4 times a week. My plan was to keep it at 5 times a week but with being so busy at work and home I honestly have not found the time. Sleeping in is a rare thing - but instead of being on the road pounding the pavement I am at work typing away at 6am.

At Pat's I am still running twice a week. Only 6-7km each time doing the warmup and cooldown but it is fun and keeps me social with everyone.

I am now in training for the Gold Coast Half Marathon. I am going against my ob's wishes but he doesn't realise that a 4hr shopping trip with my daughters is more exhausting than a gentle run on the weekend!!! I'll talk him around when he realises a half marathon to me is not a big deal. It is not something I am doing for the first time or taking too seriously! Appointment on Thursday to discuss with him and hubby is insisting on coming along to ensure he says yes. *groan*

I plan to run with my Aunty. She did the half two years ago in 2:20hrs so we are hoping to run between 2:30 - 2:40hrs. Yes for the Half!!!!!! Our strategy is to run 6km, walk a km etc. always ensuring that I am not breathless or getting too hot. Might have to take a backpack with me in case I get hungry along the way lol!!

I can't imagine what it will be like to run an HOUR slower than my usual pace. It will be weird but no doubt by then I will be willing to go at that pace or even slower :)

Now........to do the training. Need to get my long run back up to 14km instead of the 10-12 I have been doing most weekends.

Hope you are all well and running strong - sorry for the absence and lack of blog entries/comments on your blog. I have not even read anyones blog for weeks so will have a few big days catching up. Still love you all though :)

9 comments:

2P said...

Clairie? Clarie who? ;-)

Good to hear it is all going well Clairie - hmmm your bub will be born with a half marathon PB - kewl :-)

Tesso said...

Seeing though you are running for two you can divide your finish time in half :-)

Toasty said...

"I wish my belly would hurry up and pop out" ..... drink beer!

IHateToast said...

what flavour gu does cletus the foetus prefer? have you purchased wee asics for it yet? a tiny camelback? a hamsterback?

c'mon, it's never too early to influence the young.

Rob said...

The poor little Bub is struggling against that 6 pack Clairie. It's going to be a tough little baby that is for sure.

Enjoy the training.

R2B said...

I bet it will be a long trip out there as although not as high intensity the long time will even the ledger up!

Have fun!
R2B

Ewen said...

I hope the ob said yes. You could volunteer to be the 2hr 30 pacer! See you there Clairie. I'll just look out for the fat chick with great abs.

Unknown said...

Clairie, I might, just might, be able to keep up with your pace! I hereby nominate you as the unofficial 2.5 hour pacer!!

Cirque said...

The cheersquad will have to make sure we're loaded up with snacks for you and bub.