Thursday, August 02, 2007

Farewell Tessooooo

....and the winner is......S Y D N E Y...





The prize is......TESSOOOO





For some strange reason Tess has decided to abandon me and go where the weather is colder, the running is harder and the boyfriend is closer :)





It's okay she's coming back....well she had better come back. This little baby wants to know who Aunty Tess is that I keep talking about!





Was great to get out with the group this morning for a 50min run. Of course I only managed a few km before I had to walk - but I was pumped to find I was overtaking many other walkers out there so pretty happy with that. Tess seemed to think that overtaking people sitting down doesn't count but I'll take all the overtaking I can get these days.





After the jog we had a 1km dash. I got a head start of 1min so I wouldn't get trampled - or left behind. It was great fun to have the really fast people take a while to catch me but when they did it seemed like the whole group went by.





I finished around 5:40 but the last 100m I honestly sprinted hard. It was nice to know that we were finishing with a pancake breakfast in Tess's honour. Made the sprint worthwhile.



Went and picked up my race pack for the Bridge to Brisbane this weekend. If anyone sees a fat chick out there carrying a wide load....say hello because I love seeing you even if it is just as you go past!!!

12 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Hi Clairie, great to see your smiling face in blogland. Wow, that shirt is starting to stick out a bit now. My friend who wrote that little article about being a pregnant runner was scheduled to have her baby induced yesterday, but I haven't heard the result yet.
Have fun in the B2B!
Steve

Ewen said...

...and the loser is... BRISOOOO...

That explains why her blog has been a bit quiet lately. Perhaps the heaters are working in Sydney?

Good luck in the B2B - remember, wide loads should use the left hand lane ;)

Cirque said...

I TOLD you not to keep talking about those nappies that favourite Aunties have to change.

Have fun in the B2B!

Superflake said...

Good to see you are still running Clairie. And doing Bridge to Brisbane I see. Excellent. Aunty Tess will travel for nieces & nephews I'm sure.

Blair said...

Nooooooooo! She can't go yet - I haven't even met her! :-)

Will someone be organising a CR Farewell Dinner?

TD said...

This is all rather dramatic, Clairie. I had not heard that Tess was moving across to the dark side. I hope she continues to remember where her state of origin allegiances really lie. I do remember a cryptic comment from one of her fellow bloggers on her blog some time ago about her intriguingly frequent visits to Sydney. Being a guy and a thick one I have struggled to read the tea leaves but perhaps the clues on her blog have been there all along!

blues buffett said...

Hey Clairie

We'll look after her! Hopefully she'll be able to tell you about the famous M7 run.

It's not that cold in Sydney when you're on LSL and can train at midday!

Toasty said...

cool ... will get to see you at b2b ... at Pat's on Friday most of the group did "tess-ups" as they are now known

Ewen said...

Did you stick to the slow lane in the B2B Clairie?

Any Tesso news? No computers in Sydney?

Tesso said...

Hey Clairie!!! Hope you are looking after little George for me.

Signed Aunty Tesso

PS Miss you :-(

Unknown said...

You're looking swell, Clairie! Is Tess REALLY moving to Sydney...definitely??

Rob said...

Claire you are getting bigger. I wondered when we were going to see some real evidence. Now I believe.