I'm struggling to waddle at the moment let alone walk or run. I got off the phone from Tesso yesterday and walked in the front door to be confronted with the scary reality of my waters breaking.
With 7 weeks to go not exactly what you want to happen.
I spent last night trying to find someone who would talk to me on the phone whilst I twiddle my thumbs waiting for something more to happen. Hubby was at work and in an interview for some new staff so I coudn't reach him. My backup - ihatetoast/iliketoast were not answering their phone either. mmmmm found out today Tesso was on the line to them. I think she needs shares in Telstra! :)
The hospital staff were not very keen to talk to me despite the big bucks I am paying them. They had 7 women in labour last night alone and didn't want me in there unless I started having contractions or other symptoms.
As it turned out nothing progressed and a checkup today has given me the warning to TAKE IT EASY. ha ha ha ha do they know what deadlines I have at work????
I am having regular checkups now to ensure there is no infection but at least it scared me enough to get my hospital bag packed.
The upside of all this is I missed another chance to catch up with everyone at Pat's. Hopefully I will get through the weekend in one piece (literally) and make it to the 3km time trial on Tuesday. Just to watch and cheer of course.
11 comments:
Wow 33 weeks that is early. Hope all goes well from here.
I'll never forget when My Wife's waters broke with our first two kids. Both times it was the middle of the night in our bed.
I thought when I saw the 33 weeks it was a premie and you were already posting photo's. Go the TT, can be a Pre birth PB.
JUST to watch and cheer??? Clairie, we all know your cheering style - you're supposed to be taking it easy remember ;)
btw - my first was born at 33 weeks - and is now top of his class in maths, english and reads 5 years above his age - so don't fret :)
Take care Clairie. Hope it goes well from here.
forget the deadlines - I order you to take it easy! Dante needs a a relaxed aunty and cousin!!
Hope you got through the waiting without too much anxiety - and know that your lil sis is always a phone call or email away, that's if you can handle a shrieking child on the other end, along with Dante - hehehehe :-)
Hang on, where were you when I had a heart attack after reading your blog!
If its any consolation Toasty and I were talking about you when we were on the phone :-)
Glad you are okay. Forget work. Get into daytime TV.
Take it easy Clairie! Not long to go now.
BTW Clairie - when the doctors say to put your feet up they mean BOTH AT ONCE!!
Take care sweetie!
Hey Clairie
Thinking of you. Maybe you shouldn't watch "Buster" run tomorrow night if he wins, being as excitable as you are, you might have the kid on the lounge room floor.
All the best and try to let us know how things are going in the next few weeks, if you can.
By the way, I just read "Miners" comment and was thinking that it is no wonder his first born is so smart as he had an extra 7 weeks more than the rest of us to study ;)
congratulations on your last day of (paid) work clairie! at least for a while anyway - look forward to cooking you and Al polenta very soon!
Post a Comment