Couple of boring runs around the local neighbourhood because I could not get to Pats for any speedwork. Billy turned 1 (can you believe it has been a year!!) and rada rada rada...
Long run last weekend was quite short at 16km but fast! Was under 5min/km and I hurt the whole way and the whole week after!!
Tuesday was 9km - including 3km Time Trial. I am so pleased to report I ran a PB PB (thats a Post Baby Personal Best). Thankfully I was paced by Matt and Scotty who were still healing after Melbourne Marathon and they kept me honest the whole way even though I sounded (and most likely looked) like I was having an asthma attach. Ended up crossing the line in 12:43. Incidentally Pat called out 11:43 by error and I was transported into another space and gaped and Matt and almost hit him for making me run so fast...until Pat laughed and corrected himself. Not having a watch on I had no idea how fast we had gone.
First km was 4:03min, second was 4:29!! then brought it home in 4:11..still think we went out too hard but who cares - I was happy with the result!!!
8 comments:
So have a tart on the weekend before the TT is the lesson here.
Holy s%#t! That's a great PB PB!
Give Tesso a punch in the guts for me next time you see her. Tell her she needs to blog!
Great TT, wish I was there to see it. Will be there next time when you go sub 12:15.
Great to see you back on the road and back to the blog. Your 500kms will soon be over and you'll be back to full training before you know it!
Happy Birthday Billie!
I remember when Billy was just a sparkle in his mum's eye.
Time certainly goes fast. I reckon Billy will be out of nappies just about the time Ewen goes into them. (Adult diapers that is) ;)
That was a low blow Scott. Or was it a roundabout way of saying I'm full of, um, tall stories?
I guess you are well below 200K by now Clairie. You certainly are picking up the pace. Good Job!
Good to see you're getting your speed back. Keep on at this rate and you'll nail 3hr 20min for a marathon waaaay before you turn 50!!!!!
Post a Comment