Gosh...not yet in single digit weeks...but getting there!
Last week as most of you know I was poisoned at work...okay so really I had some food poisoning or a 24hr virus and it had nothing to do with the guys at work :) Either way at lunch after the TT i was at my desk being violently ill. It took me all week to recover.
Saturday I went out for a run not feeling particularly good when I started but did the first 13km in good spirits and form. I turned around on my own thinking I would not make much further and sure enough soon after I felt terrible. I went home soooooo slowly I turned the garmin off in disgust. I even (ssshhhh) walked a bit!!!! NEVER!!! All up it was 26km (obviously) but a shocking run.
Strangely enough it seemed to be the corner I was waiting to turn.
Tuesday at speedwork was great. I felt really good throughout it all. My focus was on breathing and pushing my legs as fast as they could go as there was no way my breathing could get any worse yet my legs were quite comfortable and not 'burning'. All too soon the session was over so I was a bit disappointed but looking back - I had a lot of rest days and was incredibly pumped to run strong. Must remember to be sick more often (NOT!)
Wednesday - Today. Due to family reasons (aka BABY) I had to run around home this morning. Set out with Billy in the pram and laugh laugh laugh we had a flat tyre. I didn't even know that was possible. I somehow managed to shear off the the valve which totally deflated the wheel. I was veering to the left continuously and after 4km I got home quite annoyed but grateful I didn't go any longer as it was hard on the body to get a 16kg baby in a 7kg pram home that wanted to go in only one direction.
Tonight I have done a hilly 10km and feel really good for it. (1km warm up 3 x 2.5km hill loops, 2km warm down) I worked hard and though didn't push myself as I would if others were with me I was ecstatic at the chance to get out for a run so took advantage of it and didn't waste the opportunity.
Now off to bed! Need lots of sleep for the big 90+km weeks coming.
2 comments:
Ha Clairie it's so good to have you back on track with your running. Your blog is always so entertaining.
You will have to get a spare wheel for the pram.
Looks like the training is going well more oftenr than not. we all have a bad day and you seemed to have leftthat behind. Last weeks TT was good and yea I agree the 12.30 will happen soooooon. I loke the idea you have incorporated a hill session in a good solid loop. The strength that comes from that session will get you through the last 12k in the marathon.
I am getting excited for you. I think you are going to suprise yourself with a solid marathon at Canberra and even better at GC - just don't get injured.
Post a Comment