No it wasn't disco 80s music I was hit by...it was the high mileage weekend.
Saturday we planned on doing a riverloop as per previously, though once we had gone past the Regatta (from Ship Inn) someone (aka MARK HEWITT) decided we should run into St Lucia Uni and then go out to Lone Pine Sanctuary...he gracefully acknowledged we would have to run the short way home.
When we got to Lone Pine it was approx 22km..that meant it was going to be a very long day indeed.
Back to the Regatta via the shortest route we all agreed on and then back to the Ship Inn. All up 37km. It was tough - raining all the way but saying that - it was cool and very enjoyable.
Sunday - BRRC had a 10Miler (16.1km). Tesso and I ran it just to get the long run out of our legs. It was, again, quite enjoyable. Tiring but good to be able to run and I certainly didn't feel like I should have with all that mileage in two days.
Now I just feel wasted. :)
Garmin = 53.5km
9 comments:
Keep up the great work of base building. Just think that all the hard work and big k's will have you breezing the last 12k. I suspect I will have to watch out you don't come steaming past me on the way to the finish line.
Trust Toasty. 37k backed up with a 16 is great going Clairie. Keep up the good work.
Clairie, don't you know that Mark Hewitt likes toast!
And so "you were toast!"
Nice going Clairie, it doesn't seem that long ago that you were saying the training runs of less than 10 k were taking it out of you. Good work, you will do well at Canberra
A great couple of runs to toughen the legs up for Canberra.
Top weekend of running.
The rain certainly was a welcome change.
No more posts - still recovering ?? I thought you would have nailed the TT by now.
Tesso is a mean taskmaster - 16.1k as a "recovery" run after burning the toast on Saturday. Looking good for Canberra!
Looking real good for Canberra, Clairie. Feeling wasted? Me too, but we'll get where we're heading for!
Post a Comment