Last night I had a good laugh with myself going through the blog and looking back over the years. 2006 was a good year for running for me. I had time. That seems to be the key thing!!
I can't believe some of the training weeks I did. Not so much that I was doing more mileage but I was doing Spin classes and going to the gym at least 4 times a week. Man I wish I was back there!
I have a full time job and a busy household with a husband who is frequently away so my opportunities to run (or do anything else) are quite limited. That said I am determined to use the blog (this blog) for some good. I intend to go back through some training sessions and repeat ones that I like. From now on I need to detail more the training and how I felt through it and also what else impacted on it - sleep/diet/stress so I can learn from it. I am frustrated from some of the lack of detail that is in some of my older posts..so I will learn from that.
Today I ran 21km. Toasty ran 20...so I had to do more.
It wasn't easy but after getting out for a run yesterday and turning that into a walk I was keen to run long today. I ended up dropping my baby off at childcare and then heading out. The skys were full of clouds but it was sunny. So hot and humid was the tone of the run. At the 6km mark there was a tap and it was only when I stopped to get some water I realized how much I was sweating. Geez Louise Summer had arrived.
I was enjoying my run but I was working more than I should have been. I need to make a conscious effort nowadays to eat some red meat...Im hoping it is just that. I am getting good sleep and the stress at work seems to be no more or less than usual.
I got to the local park and the garmin had 10.37km. Wow was going to be a 20+km run. I rounded it out at the end to include an additional street go take me to 10.7 for the return journey - had to be able to add a km!!
The first half was average 4:50min/km pace. The second half was average bang on 5:00min/km pace. Yep the second half was ugly. It was hotter until the last few km when a cool breeze came through, but it was hillier (as in uphill) and my legs were stuffed. This running caper sux.
Though medically impossible I was starting to think I was pregnant. Had all the same symptoms and straight after the run my breakfast consisted of a bowl of chilli mussells...WOW hope they add some iron back into me. Don't want to be a crazy runner who does crazy things like that again!
I am looking forward to some long runs and some shorter shaper races to keep me on my toes. I just hope the legs can come to the party and start to feel less used....
No comments:
Post a Comment