Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Not Complaining..honestly I'm Not!

I just wish I didn't have to 'come back' everytime I ease off the speed work. As I get older, fatter and slower the comebacks to include speed in my training just gets harder.

Today was just painful. Actually it wasn't, I refused to run fast. But that mental battle hurt. I don't like telling myself to take it easy.

It was only a 12km mid week run. I have a race on Saturday so knew I wasnt going to bust a gut. Still everyone was out running 4:50 pace and I decided 'no fuck you very much'. I ran around 5min pace and then after the halfway point decided to run alongside Robbie and dropped the pace even further. The last three km though I picked up and was running anywhere from 4:45 - 4:30. It was quick and I was feeling great but it wasn't easy like it should have been.

I noticed my breathing was all over the place so I'm guessing I am run down in general with the whole house being sick lately.

I had someone very unexpectedly remind me this morning that when we push through this feeling of crap running/energy levels...thats when we make the best progress and see results. It was good to hear it again.

No comments: