Friday, May 11, 2012

One Day at a Time

I'm still here.
Just cruising along and trying to maintain 5 days a week of running for the rest of the month.
I have plans for June which I will detail later here.

July - Commence Marathon Training. Long runs this month will start at 25km and progressively get longer.
July - Long Runs every weekend of 27-30km
August - Long runs every weekend of 35km alternating with 30km - practicing all fueling and clothing
Sept - Long runs every weekend of 35km+ no fuel except last long run will be trial marathon
Oct - Taper after first week and focus on speed. Align my life to the time zone as best I can.

As you can see my training will focus around the long runs. The other key things I aim to do are:
Strengthening - three times a week
Mid Week long run - 20km without fail and regardless of long run length
One speed session and one hill session each week from July onwards.

Apart from that it will be about trying to hold it all together and get through my full time job, home life and the travelling.
I think the travel over to USA will be what hits me the most. I get so excited about these things and my energy will just overload. Fortunately I am building myself up to not expect any great time, just a great race!!!!

Right now, I'm still here....just plodding on through May because I don't want to waste my life wishingt for the next big event to hurry along and I'm quite enjoying no pressure on any weekly mileage or times. That will come soon enough.

No comments: