It's amazing how a decent run can really help you put things into perspective.
I didn't get out at all on the weekend and actually went a bit stir crazy, it didn't help that it peltered down with miserable rain the WHOLE DAY!! Its understandable when you are injured or in taper/ recovery mode. When it's just because you don't have a babysitter it is REALLY FRUSTRATING. So after taking it out on myself and drowning in a bottle of wine Saturday night I decided Sunday morning my life is not going to be like this. Mentally....I turned a corner. I just have to be happy to run when I can and enjoy life in other ways when I can't.
I was not able to get to Pats for his 3Km time trial this morning, which was devastating but you know what - its NOT the end of the world. I got out of bed at 4.30am and went for a run. I came home 18.5km later and happy that I had made the effort and was still able to get Billy to daycare on time. I'm sure my boss will not appreciate me falling asleep at my desk at 3pm this arvo but...I'll be happy :) Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.
I'm enjoying running on my own around my neighbourhood and doing the Mt Coothas though it will be great when the buddy contingent are back and in training for the next big race. At least it gives me someone to chase.
Some new shoes I picked up in Perth seem to be doing the trick and I even got Toasty to get me another pair from USA when he was there. So now it's just a matter of settling down and doing some base building for New York.
WOOOOHOOOOO only 26 weeks and 5 sleeps. Technically 6 months this week till the NYM on 4th November.
No comments:
Post a Comment