Friday, July 21, 2006

An amazing experience

What can I say? I had the run of my life.

It wasn't a race.
It wasn't the fastest I have gone.

It was just amazing because I was enjoying it, I felt pain (good pain) so knew I was working hard, the view was gorgeous running along the river, the weather was perfect to be running hard in and I was told my running form looked great. I was also amongst some very good runner and able to keep up - which was a big suprise. Then again they were likely doing a recover run :)

All up a top morning and welcome back into the spring of things.

8km Differential - ran out for 4km then turned and ran home. Here are the splits:
1km - 5:00
2km - 5:00
3km - 4:45
4km - 4:43
5km - 4:35
6km - 4:30
7km - 4:20 ....and tiring badly
8km - 4:15

Yah I made it.

And you will be pleased to know I then spent 15mins doing stretches and cooldown.

Can't wait to run again.

13 comments:

miners said...

Sounds like one of *those* rare runs when everything (legs, lungs. psyche) are all firing at the same time. Congrats Clairie - imagine what all those poor people sleeping in this morning missed out on :)

Tesso said...

Woohoo, Clairie's on fire again!!! I think I'd better keep away from you at BRRC on Sunday or I might get singed ;-)

You've gotta love those runs where everything goes perfectly. And you're back in the swing just in time for the build up to Noosa.

I'm not really pleased to know you did that 15 mins of stretching because I just got from a run and now feel like I'd better go do something similar.

Tesso said...

That should read "I just got BACK from a run" though feel free to fill in any word/s you like if it makes it more interesting.

Lulu said...

That's great Clairie and I'm glad you're back in action. I'm sure everyone else is glad too :)

Shane said...

Awesome Clairie your BACK, how good does it feel to be back on the road after some time off. Those splits look damn good aswell, hope to see you on Sunday :)

Toasty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toasty said...

I never thought you were missing ... love your smile!

Superflake said...

Fantastic run Clairie. Love the increasing speed. It's what we all yearn for over a race.

Cirque said...

WOW - what a great post to read! I'm so glad about your great run.

Rob said...

Terrific Clairie! Way to go!

Jen said...

Sensational Clairie. Don't you just love those day

Miners is right - those silly people sleeping have no idea what a wonderful experience they are missing out on

Unknown said...

Good news, Clairie...keep it up & be careful!

Chelle said...

Woooooooo-hoo well done Clairie. I have been checking your blog on and off for the past week and waiting for you to stop scaring me with your 'unapproachable woman' post. Such a great post, and such a great person to stop and run in with Jo like that.. I'm sure should would have really apprecaited it.