Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday Run - Regatta

6am start at the Regatta as usual - only I was late. Seemed like every man and his dog was filling up at the fuel station (including me) and at 5.50am I was 11th in line!!!! crazy. Anyhow I just got to the run as everyone was crossing the road so I was 30sec behind them the whole way.

Ciaran was at the back and it was good to run with him for a short while. My quads were very very sore. How do they get sore? Is that from yesterdays' speed session??? I have rarely had sore quads so it was a new one for me.
So today was just a recovery run but when I heard Tara was doing 12km at 4:10 pace I decided to at least do the last 3km fast. I ran 4:25min/km and then the final one at 4:12. It killed me and was stupid to do for a recovery run but....that's me.

Hill session tomorrow at Mt Cootha - just can't wait. "insert sarcastic snigger"

ok I got my knuckles rapped over this one. Tara did not run 4:10min/km she went out at 4:30's and Ciaran told me she was running 4:10's on the way back BUT SHE DIDN'T AND SHE WANTS ME TO CORRECT THIS.....sorry Tara. But regardless - we all think you can do it :)

4 comments:

Chelle said...

hey Clairie, you're working so hard at the moment, well done you. Enjoy that hill tomorrow! :)

Tesso said...

Wierd, so many people at the servo so early. Maybe fuel prices go up at 6am???

Nice finish to your recovery run. Its great that you didn't hammer yourself the whole way, you'll be fresh for those hills in the morning and get the most out of the session.

Have fun out there. Luv to join you but I have to iron my shoelaces.

Toasty said...

12K 4:10 ... Nooooooooo!

Robert Song said...

Is there anyone in the world more competitive than you?

If there is, I hope you don't come across them on an recovery run anytime soon.