I was going to be driving down to Canberra for Easter with my family and then staying on for the following week for the Marathon.
Now I will be just flying in on the Thursday and coming home Monday afternoon.
I am really looking forward to the Marathon. I am having alot of problems running at the moment and have many niggles so it is unlikely that I will be running it on Doctors Advice - but I am still keen to go down there and watch JD, Toastie, Celeste, Blue Dog, Eagle, CJ and many others running it again. I am very excited.
My running partner iliketoast is not going to have the torture of running alongside me helping me achieve a pb of sub 3:20, so I hope that he works extra hard and runs a PB for both of us doing closer to 3:10. mmm no pressure!
I also hope Tess makes it to the start line. But if not it would also be fun to be together on the sidelines cheering everyone one.
Thanks for all your support.
16 comments:
Sorry Clairie?
Are you saying your not going to run the Canberra marathon? I know you know what your doing but if it is so don't make the final decision
yet. A lot can happen in five weeks. Keep moving ahead towards that goal of running in Canberra.
Ha ha, people will start to think we are going out in sympathy with eachother. Or that its a conspiracy and we are doing secret training.
Whatever happens it will be great. I've been there six years in a row, but only managed to run the marathon 4 1/2 of them. But just being there watching others really is just as much fun and just as satisfying as racing.
Either running or cheering its a weekend I wouldn't miss for the world.
Take care mate. See you at the TT tomorrow
I'm stunned. I have never thought for a moment that I wouldn't be out there rubbing shoulders with you on the course.
Hope you sort out all the niggles and get back into it soon.
Sorry to hear that you won't be running. Hey you can help me cheer/sledge the marathoners.
I have finally managed to re-subscribe. Sorry to hear that you will have to miss your goal race. I know how much it meant to you, but if the doctor says no marathon, there isn't much choice is there? I'm sure the problems will work themselves out in time...there will be other marathons and plenty more PBs await you in the future.
What?! You're not running? You were going so well just a few weeks ago.
If it's 'just' niggles, throw in some cross training/rest days and keep the key sessions. You can make it and run well off that.
If it's more serious, perhaps take the advice and target Gold Coast or Sydney. All the best :)
Am I reading things right? Is everything ok cos it sure doesn't sound like it? Fingers crossed things are ok and you are being super cautious.
It will be great to see you guys again - can't wait. I've just got this little race on the weekend to get through first!
Take care!
I didn't think I was running Canberra to be yelled at you two marathons in a row. What is this dejavu? Real sorry for you Clairie, was hoping you would get through the injuries and run with us. There is always Sydney Marathon for an interstate visit?
I am stunned.
You were so strong on our run in Sydney a week or so ago. Like others have said you know what is best but there is still a looooog time to go. Even a cruise at 4 hours is in my opinion better that not running but each of us must make the decisions that are best for us.
PM me if you wnat to talk.
Hope that's not the case Clairie - although, if I was reading this post with rose-coloured glasses, it could be perceived as suggesting you're just not running the way the doctor recommends you do (i.e. Doc recommends taking it easy and run at 6min/km pace, whereas you've decided to run like a crazed, screaming madwoman at somewhere under 4.30s ...
hope it's the latter ;)
*sigh* .... i didn't know what to write .... i still don't ...
Hey Clairie
While everyone is out running the marathon, you and me will go steal the trophy. :]
Little Sis. xox
Clarie, I am shattered. I have been so looking forward to you trouncing me. Well there is always another race.
Does this mean that you will be yelling from the side line? Yeeeoooww! my ears hurt already.
A bit like toastie, I don't know what to say.
I really hope you find that this is less serious.
Like everyone else, I am stunned Clairie. Alot can happen in 5 weeks but it's also important to look after your body & keep an eye on the big picture.
Take care of yourself
J
Hey Clairie,
sorry to hear you're not going to have another shot at Canberra this year. Hope all your niggles sort themselves out soon.
Thanks for all YOUR support.
O
Post a Comment