Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Easy Run

Started at the Regatta this morning at 5.30am - got there just in time. Staying in bed with the sun coming up later is already looking more welcome!

Tess was there - Toasty, Ciaran and Tara had already left to go and do more km's than what we were planning.
We ran out to the gardens and just kept a good 5:00 - 5:30 pace going the whole way stopping for the odd drink and to wring out the clothes from all the rain. Certainly got very cold and wet towards the end of the run - but neither Tess nor I were complaining, it was wonderful to run in.

12km all up and I am starting to feel that I will be at the start line of Canberra but will be taking it very very slowly. Maybe 4:30 pace. 4hrs 30mins that is!!!

10 comments:

Mat said...

Hehe, you can run with me in Canberra, on the really slow pace bus. Then we only need to worry about being swept up by the max time cutoff guys :-).

Samurai Running said...

That's great to hear Clairie, with you and Tesso back on track "no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should" as 2p would say.

As you know we all don't have to run a PB every race so enjoy the experience now the pressure is off.

I reckon you shouldn't of run such a fast bloody first marathon you know you only have yourself to blame ;)

Tesso said...

Thanks for the run. Sure was great to be out there on such a fantastic morning for running. And bumping into different running buddies along the way was fun!

Pity you had to go to work, at that pace and with the lovely rain I reckon I could've kept going for hours. Of course the very pleasant company helped :-)

So, do you need a hand collecting tickets on that 4:30 bus ;-)

Toasty said...

You are just full of surprises! I like what Scott said.

Eagle said...

Great news. Running a marthon at any pace is better than being a spectator. In the end it is just about participating - sometimes that is at a quick pace and on other days it is more of a cruise. No matter which way you do it if you set the right goal at the start and meet it at the finish you will be happy and satisfied.

CJ said...

I could quite easily be joining you on the 4:30 bus - depending on how I back up from SFT.

Robert Song said...

It doesn't sound like you are on a bus at the moment, more like a roller-coaster.

Hope things keep going up for you.

Ewen said...

As Scott said, don't worry about not PBing. Use Canberra like he did for Tokyo... a mere long run for Nagano!

You could run backwards and do 4:30! At least the 4 hour bus, if not the 3:30!

All the best.

Rob said...

Run how you feel on the day and have a great time Clairie.

Rob said...

BTW Clairie, I have only run one PB myself. :-)