Thanks for all the encouragment and slaps on the back. Means a lot.
I know you are all going to think I am crazy but I turned up for speedwork this morning - more out of habit than anything else. That and the prospect of seeing Tesso and gossiping more about our run.
Tess however was caught up at work and that meant a wonderful hill session with no escaping. I made sure everyone knew I was in recovery and ran very evenly and peacefully for the duration of the session. I think it actually did my legs some good to get out and turn over. I thought it was a wonderful session and I was feeling great and cheering everyone on. Then Slash (who also did the 25k on Sunday) came up and said "last one clairie don't let me beat you to the top" well he is very fast but he gave me too much of a head start and I wasn't going to let him go past me.
Felt weird to be running fast after cruising for the whole session. Rest assured I only did it for 30sec :)
I am feeling so flat now. Depressed almost as the year draws to and end.
I have a goal of Canberra which I thought would be enough to keep me going but really I think I need to sit down and do a calendar of training and events for next six months to get me enthused again.
Until then I will have a two week hiatus from training hard and will spend next two weeks just cruising and turning over the legs with all my various running buddies.
See you all in the new year for the "New Look" Canberra blog.
Safe and happy holidays to you and your family.
11 comments:
You earned all those pats Clarie ;-)
Yes the achievement of a goal can leave one feeling a bit flat and empty (strange huh). I've learned to plan a goal ahead and kid myself I am actually training for that to avoid getting that depression.
Sounds like a great plan Clarie - have a safe and happy festive season - I look forward to following your Canberra quest ;-)
Happy and a safe holiday to you and your family too Clairie.
Thank you for all your support, advice and encouragement this year. I truly appreciate it.
I'm looking forward to following your journey to Canberra and beyond next year.
J
Clairie about the bike sessions. I set it on 10 out of 20 when the hills reach the top of the little chart that shows on the computer. Which means about 4 hills in the 22mins. In the rest/flat periods I have it anywhere between 15 and 20.
I don't know about it being good or not I just ride as hard as I can. Usually fall off the bike at the end. Cheers
Oooh a new look Canberra Blog... now thats a good idea!
I agree a few liitle interim goals will keep you motivated... if not drop me a line... I have enough excitment about Canberra to get anyone going!!!
Take a few days to bask in the glory!
I don't think you are crazy buddy ... I know you are ;-)
So sorry I couldn't join you this morn, I would've rather been running up those hills than working that's for sure.
You shouldn't feel down for too long if you take a moment and look what you have achieved this year. There's enough there to keep you smiling for months!
Congrats on the huge achievement on the weekend Clairie - it's been a roller coaster year for you in 2005. Can't wait to see what's in store with the Canberra blog!
and thanks heaps for the kind and encouraging comments coming my way - it's wonderful to hear from you :)
Clairie you are a machine. You are doing so well. I am sooo proud of you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Allan and the kids.
Love, Eddie
I got the new Runners World and there is a 16 week marathon program. The point is that I think there are only 15 weeks before Canberra. Kurrawa is Day 1.
Thanks for the hints on morning training. I wouldn't dare disturb my wife from her morning sleep though with tea and the papers. Always suspected you morning people are wildly optimistic types.
And you look too young to have teenagers. And I am too old to have only one and another three below that age.
well done clairie, I hope you work thru the 'flat' parts and come out fighting again. All the best for the couple of easier weeks before you show off your new look blog!!!
Well done on your amazing run! I also noticed the change of name for your blog and that it now included the word 'marathon' in the title! And having Tess to train with is a great bonus - you're very lucky!
Have a happy and safe new year!
Post a Comment