Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's a New Year After All.....

Haven't quite got everything in place for the New Year. It sort of just crept up on me and now I am horrified to see that I have only 93 days until the Canberra Marathon.

So from today onwards it is serious business.

I am talking heavy duty mileage increases, strict attention to diet/sleep/stretching and lots of cross training in between.

I am planning my first 6 months running and will do up a calendar to show me what are my target runs and big training weeks. I will then post my brilliant program for what mileage I will be doing over the coming weeks for the marathon.

I'm nervous, motivated and very excited.

Will post entry off for Canberra Marathon tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jen said...

WOOHOO :-)

Bring it on Clairie. I'm (excitedly) looking forward to following your journey.

Tesso said...

Clairie, I really do feel privelged that I'm going to be able to accompany you in much of your journey towards Canberra.

And ooh, its gonna be so much fun!

Cirque said...

Gosh Clairie - if you get any MORE serious I'm seriously afraid!
I'm excited about following your journey though.....

Toasty said...

Easy on the ramp there is plenty of time .... I didn't need a countdown in days .... lets just say a few months, it's much less threatening.

Martin said...

Great to hear about you doing Canberra Clairie, will be following the journey with excitement.

Will echo the other wise words and say increase distance and intensity steadily, there is a load of time between now and Canberra, better to be slightly underdone and fully fit than overcooked and injured. Something I have learned from my own over enthusiasm when it comes to training, when in doubt LEAVE IT OUT.

You will go great though, you tough little bugger.

Superflake said...

I'm excited too. Finally get to run with Clairie. Yeehah. Hope the training goes well for you.