I have been so busy at work lately I haven't blogged - when you are pregnant you really try to work harder so that people don't label you with the usual stigma of pregnant women.
Anyhow two major tenders in two days. If they pay off, I'll be able to afford twins after all :) Just kidding.
Still running at Pats and am getting out on my bike more as well which is good for overall fitness. My weekly mileage is below 50km which is pretty miserable but then again - every run I am really enjoying and nothing is taken for granted anymore.
My knee still gives me grief every now and then but nothing I am worried about. In fact since being pregnant my hip has not been a bother at all - which is totally amazing. So I think the hormones have fixed that issue that has been plaguing me for over a year.
I'm sure I will be much better once Canberra is over with. It has been hard to watch all my friends continue to train for that event whilst I just plod around and have no (running) goals. Heh who knows once Canberra is over - that first week afterwards I might even be able to keep up with Tesso :)
I am starting to look forward to Canberra - because for me now it will be a holiday. Chance to catch up with the family and with friends. Watch some great running and eat copious amounts of pasta.......aaaah the life of a non-running marathoner :)
9 comments:
Its been hard watching you not training with us. But hey, you aren't anywhere near plod mode. In fact you were way ahead of me in the warm up today! And on our Sunday run I couldn't have gone any faster even if I wanted to.
If it makes you feel any better your support while we are doing the speed stuff is just faaaantastic. The cheers and encouragement honestly make me work harder, and I'm sure the rest of the PCRG would say the same.
Oh, and after Canberra all you'll need to be doing is standing still to keep up with me. No, make that running backwards.
Only if you run with her two days after the 50k.
Hope you're resting your voice Clairie :)
Not long now Clairie. It will be so good to have you there.
It will all be worth it when you hear the first wail i'm sure!
Have fun in Canberra and i will say hi to Tesso and you (if i spot you together?) after the race.
Cheers R2B
Enjoy the moment what ever that maybe. I am sure your support at the marathon will make a huge difference to a lot of the runners not to mention the the volume of the suppport.
Hi Clairie
Hope you're well. It's going to be hard to watch that race in Canberra but not as bad as you think.
I had one experience of going along to a marathon that I had hope to run in and while I had my doubts that I could enjoy it I really did.
I think everyone should see a few races and really watch how people do things at the different stages of the race. It is really a far greater learning experience than I ever imagined, and I was that bloody motivated to get back to running in a bigger and better way.
Wishing you all the best.
Hey claire....
They have really cool and fast prams now...!! That should annoy a lot of people when you wizz past 'em
Best of luck and keep on doing the things you love!!!
On! on! on!
Radar
I'm glad you are coming to support those running, it means a lot to us.
I am sure your plodding is a very talented plod!!!
It could be worth setting some goals for after the baby arrives!
keep your head in it girl!
:-)
Post a Comment