Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mid Week Murder

After skipping out on the PCRG run yesterday I felt guilty enough to motivate me to get out for a run in the arvo heat.
Managed 7.5km in 5:30min/km pace. I was happy because it was a very hilly run and I felt comfortable the whole way. No pressure and really enjoyed it. The body was still very sore from the massage though.

This morning I met up with the buddies at 5:15am for a 15km run. Good thing I had the garmin...we got to the turn around to find it was only 6.2km so we heading out further until it said 7.5km and then came home. All up 15km at 5:02min/km pace. I was pushing it the whole way, mostly because I was stiff and sore but also because I have not done much speed work so the run felt like I was in a 10km race most of the way!! I hung back and put the ipod on for 3 or 4 songs to get me motivated to finish strong (ie mute my heavy breathing from my ears).

Despite the hard run I am sitting at my desk feeling bloody wonderful and wondering why I even stopped running. I love this high and wish I could bottle it so I can remind myself in the middle of a long run.

NOTE: It was way cool in a 'runner' type of way to say to my work buddies this morning..."since you saw me yesterday I have run a half marathon..." Well I had to say something to explain why I am moving so slowly around the office!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

5:15 a.m.!! I might have to try that if the days get much hotter...35 today in what is supposed to be a cool climate!

Nice run, Clairie. 5:02 pace I can only dream about! Looking good for Canberra....hope to see you there somewhere!

Toasty said...

You looked like you were working. Well done, keep at it. Hey, I know who I am talking too, it goes without saying. I can see you week to week improvement, be patient it is coming back,

Rob said...

Good on you Clairie. Sounds like your running is going gang-busters. It will be so good to run a marathon with you in Canberra. Can't wait!