Wednesday: Hard run. 8km around home but it was hot and hilly and I was all over place. Not happy with this one at all. Only good thing was another few km to put in the bank.
Thursday: 8km easy run around home with pram. Much better feeling.
Friday: off
Saturday: 27km (thanks Tesso!) we got a bit lost on the short river loop so ended up doing another few km. It was all good and hours after the run I was glad we had done the extra distance. Though it was the hottest day I have ever run on in according to heat & humidity. Even though we started at 5am it seemed to be high on both counts. 3/4 of the way into the run I wrung out my socks and they were dripping with water. So squelching around the roads was not a fun experience but I got through it.
All up we did a decent pace for the conditions and I was really happy with this run.
Sunday / Monday: Rest days - not planned but due to travelling and drinking in Ballina it was necessary :)
Tuesday: Back at Pats. Session was 1min (30sec) x 4 then standing recovery. REPEAT. at the finish we did another 1min fast. I ran well and was happy with my pacing - which is what I was focusing on. I ran the cool down with Glenda and Matty so it seemed like a really long speed session. A great PCRG session and made me feel great all day.
Wednesday: OMG why do I do this??? Up early and out running. Did 19km in 5:05min/km pace. It was the Green Bridge loop home via West End (18.5km) plus a bit at the end. It was hard going and we were running fast. The course has some hills and inclines that make it interesting but also tax you when the weather is so hot and humid. I was really looking forward to finishing this run.
2 comments:
64K week, 2 more than me, thought you'd like that
Great to see you getting your training backup to normal again. Hope it leads to a good race at Canberra.
Post a Comment