Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Running

Saturday was a great run, we managed to get out early and do just over 4km before meeting back up with everyone at the Ship Inn.
All in all we finished after a couple of hours and completed 23km. It was extremely humid at the beginning of the run but I drank heaps and maintained my hydration which made me feel great for a change.

Sunday - BRRC 14k Club Champs.
I wasn't too keen to get out there again after the heat and distance yesterday but once I was running it all eased into place. We had to do 3 loops, 1 x 4km and 2 x 5km. I was feeling the pain of it all on the second loop but funny enough came good again in the final loop. Nothing like the smell of the finish line to motivate you!
After the run I felt really good and was glad I had got out there. I didn't do the time I wanted (was planning to go 5min/km) but I was still happy to finish without walking and feeling relatively good.

Monday - rest day. I feel great and am looking forward to speed work tomorrow. mmmm maybe I could have run faster yesterday..!!??

1 comment:

Shane said...

Nice one Clairie, good to hear that your training is coming along nicely. I could see you tomorrow at Pats if I can get motivated. Take it easy!