Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekend Running

Got my new Garmin 305 and took it out for a test drive on Saturday.

We did 18km in 5:17min/km pace. It was a good run. I kept feeling like needing to go to the toilet the whole way but I think it was the lack of good food the day before. Will try to fix that this week.

Sunday I raced at BRRC. It was a 10k - No Watch Run...arrgh. I had programmed the Garmin to do a 48:30 training run with me but with no watch allowed I decided to run at what was comfortable but faster than long run pace. I ended up with a time of 49:21 which I was disappointed with. I certainly am dreading how I am going to do a whole marathon at 4:55 pace..which is what I would love to do. But that was a secret so keep it to yourselves please :))))

After a rest day Monday this morning was supposed to be a PCRG speed session. However with Billy having food poisoning and being up all night..the rest of us have a mild case of it but nothing serious...I was not able to leave him with the kids. I will get out tonight to go for a run but it is never as motivating as Pats Group.

Been for a massage today with Bruno...geez Lousie that was tough. Feel like I have been hit by a train so running over the next two days will be just getting through the km with no focus on speed.

No comments: